TopChop Lite is a natural product made from alfalfa, oat straw, a light dressing of linseed oil and real mint and contains no added molasses or any other sugar coating.
TopChop Lite is of similar nutritional value to average quality hay but contains less sugar. The composition and fine texture of this product make it ideal for horses and ponies prone to, being treated for, and recovering from laminitis. It is suitable for all horses and ponies and perfect for good-doers and others prone to weight gain.
The formula for TopChop Lite was tested and developed at the Middle Park Equine Research Centre and has been approved by the nutritional team for use in all horses. However they recommend that horses and ponies needing to gain weight, and all breeding stock, would gain greater benefit from TopChop Alfalfa.
In combination, TopChop Lite and TopSpec AntiLam make an ideal complete feed for horses and ponies prone to, being treated for or recovering from laminitis.
- Made from high temperature dried British alfalfa and high quality chopped oat straw with added real mint to improve palatability. Very lightly dressed with linseed oil (so that alfalfa leaves can be included in the chop).
- Contains no molasses or any other sugar coating.
- Exceptionally low in sugar and starch.
- The alfalfa provides a natural source of anti-oxidants.
- Contains no preservatives or artificial additives or colourings.
Typical Nutritional Analysis:
- Oil %4.00
- Protein %10.0
- Fibre %35.0
- DE MJ/kg7.5
- Starch %1.0