A blend of Lincolnshire’s finest meadow grasses are dried, chopped and lightly dressed with cold-pressed rapeseed oil from Aberdeenshire. Topped with a unique blend of herbs including liquorice root, fennel, mint, chamomile and aniseed.
- High in fibre, highly digestible, ideal for feeding alongside a balancer or supplement to provide a high fibre diet
- A very clean source of fibre and so ideal for feeding to competition horses and ponies – can be used as a hay replacer if required
- Includes carefully selected herbs – liquorice root, ground fennel, chamomile, ainseed and mint to keep your horse happy and healthy
- The inclusion of grass pellets provides interest and texture
- Naturally sweet, ideal for tempting fussy feeders
- Free from artificial flavours, preservatives, molasses and straw
How To Get The Most Out Of Feeding Meadow Grass with Herbs
Dengie Meadow Grass with Herbs is a straight feed and although it contains natural nutrients it does not provide a balanced diet. We would recommend using a broad spectrum vitamin and mineral supplement such as Dengie Leisure or Performance Vits & Mins or alternatively a feed balancer such as Dengie Performance+ Balancer or Leisure Balancer to supply everything your horse or pony needs.
How much to feed?
|Horse or Pony||Size Guide (hh)||Approx Weight (kg)||Resting or light Work Bucket feed (kg/day)||Resting or light Work Partial hay replacement (kg/day)|
|Small Pony (eg: Shetland, Welsh A)||9–12.2||200||0.5 – 1.0||up to 2|
|Medium Pony (eg: Exmoor, New Forest)||12.2 – 13.2||300||0.5 – 1.5||up to 3|
|Large Pony (eg: Connemara, Welsh D)||13.2 – 14.2||400||1.0 – 2.0||up to 4|
|Small Horse (eg: Arab, small TB)||14.2 – 15.2||450||1.0 – 2.0||up to 4.5|
|Medium Horse (eg: TB, ID cross)||15.2 – 16.2||550||1.5 – 2.5||up to 5.5|
|Large Horse (eg: Warmblood)||Over 16.2||650||1.5 – 2.5||up to 6.5|
One large Stubbs scoop = approximately 300g
Typical analysis (%) ‘as fed’
|Naturally Occurring Sugar||12|