Contains pure alfalfa and are a high-fibre source for horses, ponies and other animals, such as cattle, sheep, goats and camelids.
- Alfalfa pellets are an excellent way of providing fibre in a concentrated form
- No added sugar and low in starch
- Alfalfa Pellets are rich in calcium and other naturally occurring vitamins and minerals
- They can be fed soaked, making it ideal for older animals who struggle to chew
- Alfalfa Pellets are perfect for use in a snack ball to help reduce boredom and provide a more natural ‘trickle’ feeding rate
How to soak Alfalfa Pellets
For those that struggle to chew, Alfalfa Pellets can be fed soaked prior to feeding.
To soak Alfalfa Pellets you can use hot or cold water. Soaking time can vary according to the density of the pellets, but as a guide we would expect a 2 hour cold soak or 15 minute hot soak time. Equally the pellets can be left through the day or night to soak. We would suggest a 1 part product to 3 parts water soaking ratio to produce a mash.
One scoop of Alfalfa Pellets = 1.6Kg
|Naturally Occurring Sugar||5|